A new poll in Georgia’s U.S. Senate race shows Republican candidate David Perdue is slipping further behind Democratic candidate Michelle Nunn.
The Landmark Communications poll conducted exclusively for WSB-TV asked active Georgia voters who they would choose if the election were held today.
Nunn received 47 percent of the vote and Perdue received 40 percent. Libertarian candidate Amanda Swafford received 3 percent and 10 percent of respondents remain undecided.
“David Perdue being behind Michelle Nunn is surprising,” Channel 2 political analyst Bill Crane said.
“There’s a widening or stagnant gender gap. Mr. Perdue does not seem to be moving or closing his number. He’s about 20 points behind Michelle Nunn in females,” Crane told Channel 2 political reporter Lori Geary.
The poll shows Perdue with a 7-point advantage among men but trailing Nunn 52 percent to 34 percent when it comes to women voters.
Nunn has a 65 percent advantage when it comes to African-American voters while Perdue maintains a 20-point edge among white voters.
Crane said Democrats need to make sure they can convince black voters how important the election is for Georgia.
“She really needs to shore up her support among core Democratic Party voters, and that’s the black vote. Just thinking they’ve got nowhere else to go is not a good strategy,” Crane said.
The same poll showed the governor’s race may be tightening. Democrat Jason Carter now leads Republican Nathan Deal by a 44 percent to 40 percent margin, down from a 7-point difference in the previous poll.
- Jerry Bertrand Pippin Obituary November 25th, 1939- March 2nd, 2015Jerry Pippin, the radio talk show host whose Internet website attracted millions of listeners worldwide, died peacefully […]bostonred2015
- Helping African-Americans Reconnect With NatureHannah Bloch Dec. 5, 2014 3:29 p.m. ET 2 COMMENTShttp://si.wsj.net/public/resources/images/RV-AP028_WORKPR_J_20141205152651.jpg Growing up in Oakland, Calif., Rue Mapp […]bostonred2015
- UNITED STATES v. WILLIAMSSUPREME COURT OF THE UNITED STATES Syllabus UNITED STATES v. WILLIAMS certiorari to the united states court […]bostonred2015
- If Obama can’t bridge racial divide, who can?If Obama can’t bridge racial divide, who can? Clarence Page Chicago Tribunecpage@chicagotribune.com cptime@donaldwmeyers It didn’t hurt! Obama […]bostonred2015
- testimony and evidence presented Ferguson grand juryFerguson shooting grand jury documents The Associated Press has obtained a copy of the testimony and evidence […]bostonred2015
- Bostonred’s Wigi Board ForecastWigi Board Forecast 04 November 2014 Senate Forecasts Louisiana Runoff Alaska Blue Iowa Blue Georgia Runoff […]bostonred2015
- Hickox, state reach settlement in Maine Ebola caseThe two sides agree to follow restrictions put in place by a district court judge Friday. By […]bostonred2015
- Is 2014 A Republican Wave?2014 Midterms 9:11 AM Nov 3, 2014 By Nate Silver If the polls are right, Republicans will […]bostonred2015
- How many states Nate Silver is going to get wrong, according to Nate Silver.Forecasting the Forecaster By Jordan Ellenberg Nate Silver, founder of FiveThirtyEight, in April 2014 in New York […]bostonred2015
- fivethirtyeight/data Gethubdata / pollster-ratings / tweak readme text latest commit 7f246474b7 ritchieking authored on Sep 25 .. pollster-ratings.tsv […]bostonred2015